Join KY READY Corps!
Interested in national service? Passionate about helping communities and vulnerable individuals while gaining valuable professional experience? Join KY READY Corps!
KY READY Corps, a Kentucky AmeriCorps program, seeks dedicated, passionate-about-service individuals interested in serving in disaster preparedness projects at Kentucky non-profit, government, educational and community programs and organizations. Site projects are in alignment with our mission to strengthen emergency/disaster readiness and resilience in Kentucky communities, especially in vulnerable individuals. Members are matched with projects and sites appropriate to their interests, academic background/experience and skill set, and projects tend to be in alignment with those in the Member Position Descriptions linked below.
Benefits of being a KY READY Corps member include:
- Part-time service with flexible hours (300, 450, 675, or 1200 hours)
- A modest living allowance based on hours served ($1500, $2300, $3000, $6200, respectively)
- An education award at end of service, based on hours served ($1289, $1612, $2321, $3047, respectively)
- Training and support from the site and the KY READY Corps Program
- Opportunity to build professional skills while serving your community!
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Eighteen years of age or older
- U.S. citizen or legally allowed to live in the U.S.
- College coursework pertinent to our mission and focus
- A current driver's license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to undergo and pass criminal history background checks
Still interested? Please fill out Member Interest Form below. Next step: Attend an Information Session OR schedule a prescreen interview with KY READY Corps staff.
Deadline to apply for Summer 2020: May 8, 2020