Join KY READY Corps!
Interested in national service? Passionate about helping communities and vulnerable individuals while gaining valuable professional experience? Join KY READY Corps!
KY READY Corps, a Kentucky AmeriCorps program, seeks dedicated, passionate-about-service college students interested in serving in disaster preparedness projects at Kentucky non-profit, government, educational and community programs and organizations. Site projects are in alignment with our mission to strengthen disaster readiness and resilience in Kentucky communities, especially in vulnerable individuals. Members are matched with projects and sites appropriate to their interests, academic background and skill set, and projects tend to be in alignment with those in the Member Position Descriptions linked below.
Benefits of being a KY READY Corps member include:
- Part-time service with flexible hours (300 hours/1 semester; 450 hours/2 semesters; 675/900/1200 hours, full year)
- A modest living allowance based on hours served ($1500, $2300, $3000, $4200 or $6250, respectively)
- An education award at end of service, based on hours served ($1289, $1612, $2321, $3047 or $4266, respectively)
- Professional training and support from the KY READY Corps Program
- Opportunity to build professional skills while serving your community!
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Eighteen years of age or older
- U.S. citizen or legally allowed to live in the U.S.
- College coursework pertinent to our mission and focus
- A current driver's license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to undergo and pass criminal history background checks
Still interested? Please fill out Member Interest Form below. Next step: Attend an Information Session OR schedule a prescreen interview with KY READY Corps staff.
Deadline to apply for Fall 2019 or 2019/2020 academic year: August 1, 2019