Join KY READY Corps!
Interested in national service? Passionate about helping communities and vulnerable individuals recover from the COVID-19 crisis while gaining valuable professional experience? Join KY READY Corps!
KY READY Corps, a Kentucky AmeriCorps program, seeks dedicated, passionate-about-service individuals interested in serving in disaster preparedness projects at Kentucky non-profit, government, educational and community programs and organizations. Site projects are in alignment with our mission to strengthen emergency/disaster readiness and resilience in Kentucky communities, especially in vulnerable individuals, and our AmeriCorps program is well placed to assist communities with the COVID-19 crisis. Members are matched with projects and sites appropriate to their interests, academic background/experience and skill set, and projects tend to be in alignment with Community Education and Outreach, Volunteer Coordination and Support, and Preparedness Assessments and Plans.
Currently Open Member Positions (Spring and Spring/Summer, 2021)
- Catholic Action Center, food insecurity response, Lancaster/Garrard County
- God's Pantry Food Bank, food insecurity response, Lexington
- Barren River Area Development District, community resiliency and COVID-19, Bowling Green/Warren County
- Amen House, food insecurity response, Georgetown
- St. Vincent De Paul Bread For Life, food insecurity response, Bardstown
- Global Lex/City of Lexington: Latino/Hispanic Community Education and Outreach (must be native speaker of Spanish)
Benefits of being a KY READY Corps member include:
- Part-time service with flexible hours (300, 450, 675 hours)
- A modest living allowance based on hours served ($1350, $2150, $2700 respectively)
- An education award at end of service, based on hours served ($1342, $1678, $2417, respectively)
- Student loan forbearance during service, and assistance in paying accrued interest through AmeriCorps
- Training and support from the site and the KY READY Corps Program
- Opportunity to build professional skills while serving your community!
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Eighteen years of age or older
- U.S. citizen or legally allowed to live in the U.S.
- College coursework pertinent to our mission and focus
- A current driver's license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to undergo and pass criminal history background checks
Still interested? Please fill out Member Interest Form below. Next step: Attend a virtual Information Session OR schedule a prescreen interview with KY READY Corps staff: email@example.com
Deadline to apply for Spring 2021: February 15, 2021; deadline for Summer 2021 April 30, 2021