Join KY READY Corps!
Interested in national service? Passionate about helping communities and serving vulnerable individuals, helping them respond to and be better prepared for emergencies and disasters -- while gaining valuable professional experience? Join KY Ready Corps!
KY Ready Corps, a Kentucky AmeriCorps program, seeks dedicated, passionate-about-service individuals interested in serving in disaster preparedness projects at Kentucky non-profit, government, educational and community programs and organizations. Site projects are in alignment with our mission to strengthen emergency/disaster readiness and resilience in Kentucky communities, especially in vulnerable individuals. Members are matched with projects and sites appropriate to their interests, academic background/experience and skill set, and projects tend to be in alignment with community education/outreach, volunteer coordination and support, and preparedness assessments and plans.
OPEN MEMBER POSITIONS
- Catholic Action Center, food insecurity response, Lancaster/Garrard County
- Amen House, food insecurity response, Georgetown
- Thankful Hearts Food Pantry, Pikeville
- Chain of Love Disaster Relief, Pikeville
- Daviess County Emergency Management, Owensboro
- Metcalfe County Emergency Management, Edmonton
- Hart County Emergency Management
Benefits of being a KY Ready Corps member include:
- Part-time service with flexible hours (300, 450, 675 hours)
- A modest living allowance based on hours served
- An education award at end of service, based on hours served
- Student loan forbearance during service, and assistance in paying accrued interest through AmeriCorps
- Training and support from AmeriCorps, Serve Kentucky, the service site and the KY Ready Corps Program
- Opportunity to build professional skills while serving your community!
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Eighteen years of age or older during term of service
- U.S. citizen or legally allowed to live in the U.S. (foreign college students on visas typically do not qualify)
- College coursework pertinent to our mission and focus
- A current driver's license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to undergo and pass AmeriCorps required criminal history background checks
Still interested? Please fill out Member Interest Form below. Next step: Attend a virtual Information Session OR schedule a prescreen interview with KY READY Corps staff: email@example.com
Deadline to apply for Spring and Spring/Summer Service: November 15, 2021